Workshops are still available virtually!
WRRC Educational Workshops are still available if you need! All workshops can be facilitated via zoom and can include breakout groups and other types of engaging activities. Feel free to submit a request or email AD for Outreach, Sara Blair-Medeiros, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WRRC Workshop or Program Request
WRRC Educational Workshops are available by request. Please make sure that your request is at least two (2) weeks in advance of the date you would like to host the workshop. We currently offer the following educational workshops for student organizations, campus departments, community organizations, and other groups:
- About the WRRC - This session gives a basic overview of the role the WRRC plays on campus doing Gender Equity work, what educational programs we offer, the events we host, and covers the location of the WRRC, hours, and tangible resources available in our space. Additionally, we discuss our classification as a confidential resource.
- Deconstructing Gender, Building Empowerment - This self-reflective based and engaging session will leave participants able to define, Gender, Sex, and Cisgender and give them an opportunity to critically engaging with their understandings of Gender roles and their own expression.
- Gender Inclusive Language - This interactive session will empower participants to be able to define Cisgender, Transgender, Nonbinary and Cissexism, better understand how power and privilege influence ways we co-create space with each other, deconstruct gendered and exclusive language that impacts our community, brainstorm and practice ways to interrupt Genderism and to create more inclusive community spaces.
- Gender, Title IX & Consent - Participants in this session will be able to name 3 ways Gender is socialized and articulate the relationship between Gender socialization, Gender roles, and consent. Participants will be able to articulate what Title IX is and reporting processes at UC Davis. Participants will be able to define consent as defined by UC Davis and the UC System and be able to articulate how/why consent is important in building positive and healthy relationships. Lastly, participants will be able to name 3 confidential reporting resources on campus and 2 non-confidential reporting resources.
- Intersectionality and Gender - This session will give participants an understanding of where WRRC is and the work we do, understanding of Social Identity, understanding of difference between Intersectionality and intersecting identities, ability to articulate importance of inclusive language in creating inclusive environments, deeper understanding of Gender in relation to intersectionality, intersecting identities, and inclusion.
- Negotiating Pay - This session will give participants an opportunity to engage critically around gender and the pay gap, learn about pay scales, and practice negotiation techniques provided throughout the presentation.
- Socialization of Gender - This session will empower participants to examine and understand definitions of Gender, Gender Roles, Sexism, and Cissexism, understand Gender socialization and to engage critically with regards to language and Gender in everyday interactions.
- Supporting the Scholars We Serve - This collaboration between the WRRC and the LGBTQIA+ RC will provide participants with an understanding of where WRRC and LGBTQIA+ RC are and the work we do, understanding of Intersectionality and importance in the work we all do in the spaces we occupy, ability to articulate importance of inclusive language in creating inclusive environments.
If you have questions or concerns about your workshop or tabling request or would like to discuss the creation of a workshop with content specific to your organization/department, please email Assistant Director for Outreach, Sara Blair-Medeiros.
WRRC Tabling Request
The Women's Resources and Research Center is happy to do outreach at community and campus events relevant to our mission and purpose. If you would like our staff to do outreach at your event please submit a tabling request at least three weeks in advance. WRRC staff will contact you within 1 week to confirm or deny the request depending on staff capacity. Please contact email@example.com or Assistant Director for Outreach, Sara Blair-Medeiros for any questions.